Archery- one of lifes simple pleasures

T Bone

My family and I recently relocated and have been in the process of getting out of boxes and getting a yard put in.

The boys ages 8 and 6 have been excited because we promised we could have an archery range in our own back yard. They wanted to shoot yesterday and I told them no because their gear was still packed up in one of the many boxes in the garage.

Then they disappeared and an hour or two later they proudly announced they found their bows and gear. I looked into the garage and found the contents of boxes piled up and a dozen empty boxes thrown to the side.....

If they want to shoot that bad, shoot we will. I got my portable target out and got them lined out and watched as I worked on the fence. They shot for 3 hours straight until dinner time. They absolutely loved it. Made me think that I really need to get back to the basics and enjoy the arc of the arrow more often.

T-Bone:

I hear ya! It's amazing what kids will prefer over more "modern" entertainment. My kids also enjoy shooting their bows.....They REALLY enjoy 3D tournaments though. Here's one we went to last month.....he sure was proud of that 20 point arrow at the bionic target (metal).

1781Snow_Oklahoma_030-med.jpg

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T_allen7
Back