Archery elk

jvanhoy

I drew my first tag for this year. We normally hunt the otc units bordering it. I've deer hunted it a little bit. I'd love to bounce some ideas off anyone who has elk hunted it. If you have any experience good or bad I'd love to hear it. Shoot me a pm or comment here. Counting down the days. We'll be there from Sept 10th till the end of archery. Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
My buddy drew a tag in 5. I will be there for the first couple weeks. He will be there the whole month. Im going to buy the OTC bear tag for the unit, and otc elk in 14.

My buddy drew a tag in 5. I will be there for the first couple weeks. He will be there the whole month. Im going to buy the OTC bear tag for the unit, and otc elk in 14.

Cool we'll get there Sept 10th and stay till end of the season. My buddy will be elk hunting 14 and 214. We also have 3 deer tags that's good for all of the units there close. We'll be camping at Steamboat lake campground. Good luck we love it out there.

I've hunted unit 5 quite a bit over the years. The sheep are always a huge consideration for us on September hunts. The eastern side along the divide usually gets quite a bit of extra pressure from the OTC guys claiming to not know they are hunting unit 5. If it were me starting all over again and learning the unit, I would probably concentrate on the areas bordering Three Forks.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back