AR

Ive got a lower that i need to finish. I think I'm going to make it easy on myself and just find a complete upper. i think i want a set up for varmints, thinking 22" barrel that i can shoot a ton.

Decided to just go with the basic for my first build so will be into it for under five bills. Couldn't have done that six month ago. Went with a 16" M4 1:9 complete upper.

Ive got a lower that i need to finish. I think I'm going to make it easy on myself and just find a complete upper. i think i want a set up for varmints, thinking 22" barrel that i can shoot a ton.

Got an e-mail today from Stag Arms that they are having a Black Friday sale. Something like $395 for a complete 1H upper. They might have some deals on other complete uppers too. Worth a look.

I'm like jryoung in that I have a complete lower I want to finish up. I have been looking around for parts but haven't jumped in yet. I have built about half dozen but it has been awhile so I will have to knock the dust off my tools.

I would suggest checking JoeBob Outfitters site he has some black Friday deals as well. He is a vet that started a real nice business where he has other vets working for him. He is out of Hays, Kansas.

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/

I asked for recommendations on 24hourcampfire a couple of weeks ago and many pointed me to Rock River. I'm hoping they run a sale tomorrow. This will be my first AR so I have much to learn.

Thinking of building a couple of 'spec' units for the next scare. I like the Rock River's also.

Check the links for Palmetto State Armory. That is where I have 99% of pieces/parts coming from.
Just don't be in a rush and expect your parts really quick. Case in point is they have to put together the complete uppers. They have some pretty hot deals, but you can't mess around. Either you jump at them or you don't. I am not in a big hurry at all.
FWIW- Complete upper $279, LPK $29, Stripped lower $69, Blem stock $54, FFL $25.
Also keep in mind this is bare bones basic with no fancy *furniture*.

idnative1948 would you mind posting up where your finding your parts. $500 for a AR is cheap, I want one.

Last edited:
PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back