PEAX Equipment

April 15th.....

Moosie

Grand poopa
Almost here..... !!!! thats the opener or BEar/Turkey here. When does your area open and are ya fired up like me ?!?!!?

I can't wait !!!!! I'm going to be doing more spot/stalk this year. maybe slip out with a bow now an then ?!?!

The Bear season here in Washington opens up on August 1st for the majority of the state.The Game Dept got rid of the spring season a number of years ago,unfortunately.
Our Turkey season opens up on the 15th of April though.This will be the first year for us hunting Turkeys so it should be interesting. ;)

Our black bear season is pretty much open year round for most of the state. Unless we have an early spring I wont be heading out til may timeframe. I'm going upnorth for a 2 week griz hunt around the middle of may.

Good luck to all on your bear season.

I just picked up my tags and I'll have to look again, but turkey and bear open at the same time. I'm heading for turkey first. It would be great to pop one and get it into the freezer. I've only had wild turkey once and that was a very small smoked peice. But was impressed with what I did have....
A griz hunt. I am very enviouse. You useing a bow? Or is that just a we bit to much excitement!!! :D :D :D

No bow. my balls arent that big. I am taking my ruger SBH just incase the situation arises. I figure a 320gr cast going around 1300fps should do the job. If not I can run fast :D

HaHaHa!!!!
On the learning chanel, I saw a griz out run and catch an elk. That would mean one would have to be able to out run an elk, including all of the dodging.......

MOOSIE!!! You're getting me all excited!!! My main goal is to just see a wild bear and if I get to afix my tag to it all the better. I can't wait.

Bear season???? hummmmm, seems like just the other day I was looking for an outfitter..........ahhhh ya...got screwed out of 1800.00 for something that I can do my self:D

32 days and I will be on my way to Idahooooooooo!

george i really didnt, I could of done the whole trip by my self with out outfitter for alot less dollars....The outfitter wasnt even there just a couple of new guides that had been there 2 weeks before I got there:D

oh well I did see bears though.

JASON.. You're hunting Texas with me... Missing your wife B-day or something liek that if I remember right.. GETTING hoem and headingto Idaho.... shortly after... YOU MUST pack that 12" you're alway Braging about !!! HOLLY crap. I"D be in the DOG Casa for sure !!!!!!!!

1-pointer... Going to set BArrles upo the first weekend after the 15th.. 15th is a Monday. I don't want to force you to come that weekend.. BUT if ya want to help.. that would be the weekend :D :D NO bears will be out then, BUT it will be fun. JUSt ask Wylee ;) We'll rbreak ya in slowly ... :eek:

We'll talk after I get back from Texas on the dates and what you're doing....

I hope you all have snowshoes cause your not going to be going to far without them unless it warms up and floods, There will be alot of snow still around on april 15th, heck theres times I can't drive alot of the spots i hunt till end of may

Moosie,

Brown bear season opened 5 days ago. It's been kinda cold, and it snowed recently, so I'm not in too much of a hurry. Haven't heard of any bears being spotted yet anyhow.

Now I just gotta scrounge up the $25.00 and go buy a tag...

;)

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 03-20-2002 12:57: Message edited by: BW ]</font>

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back