Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Application futility

Bluffgruff

Wyoming big 4 applications are due soon. I'm sitting out because, in regards to nonresident random tags, there will only be 1 bighorn ram and 2 bull moose tags. It is not worth the non-refundable fees unless the nonresident system is changed to give me a chance at the areas I desire to hunt for sheep and moose.

Wyoming big 4 applications are due soon. I'm sitting out because, in regards to nonresident random tags, there will only be 1 bighorn ram and 2 bull moose tags. It is not worth the non-refundable fees unless the nonresident system is changed to give me a chance at the areas I desire to hunt for sheep and moose.
Don't blame you.

I feel for you all.
I have a few moose PP as a resident and am deciding to go for a cow tag and leave the bull chances to someone else. I've taken 2 smallish bulls.
Frankly I heard something at the season meeting by a resident that I just couldn't understand.
A guy asked the G&F what they are doing to guarantee him a tag in area 38 with 1 less than max PPs?
Instead of biting my tongue I replied , apply for another area.
I just don't get that sentiment but we have all kinds here in the state.

Best of luck to you all giving it a try.

Montana has awesome NR odds, try there for moose and sheep.

Playing that lottery is for rich men and fools.

Wyoming big 4 applications are due soon. I'm sitting out because, in regards to nonresident random tags, there will only be 1 bighorn ram and 2 bull moose tags.

You are a smart man. For NRs and random tags, WY sheep and WY moose are now the worst investments in their respective categories. But if one has already applied in every single other state, then sure, apply in WY.

I feel bad for the NRs that applied early before fully understanding what has occurred in Wyoming.

Last edited:
You are a smart man. For NRs and random tags, WY sheep and WY moose are now the worst investments in their respective categories. But if one has already applied in every single other state, then sure, apply in WY.

I feel bad for the NRs that applied early before fully understanding what has occurred in Wyoming.
If I'm going to throw money in the trash, it needs to be with that slimmest hope that I could be hunting the units I want to hunt. I don't want to be stuck with the highest hunter numbers, even if comes with the promise of more animals.

A person only gets so many times they can apply for tags, nobody knows how the systems will change over time.

Assuming starting at age 12, realistically 60 years to apply. Sit on the bench, I'm taking the field...better odds for me when others ride the pine.

A person only gets so many times they can apply for tags, nobody knows how the systems will change over time.

Assuming starting at age 12, realistically 60 years to apply. Sit on the bench, I'm taking the field...better odds for me when others ride the pine.

i wouldn't say it's sitting on the bench, it's in fact basically the opposite, at least for me.

it's priorities, as always.

when working within a budget, money lost on wyoming NR MSG draws would prevent me from doing more hunting elsewhere today, on things i can draw or buy otc, or the flights or travel expenses to go do those things.

i wouldn't say it's sitting on the bench, at least for me.

it's priorities, as always.

when working within a budget, money lost on wyoming MSG draws would prevent me from doing more hunting elsewhere on things i can draw or buy otc, or the flights or travel expenses to go do those things.
I guess if the money to apply for a WY random tag is an issue (see wapitibobs post), and is keeping you from hunting elsewhere, most likely for squirrels and such, then don't apply.

Not applying all along is why many of the folks whining about Wyoming find themselves in this situation.

I apply for tags, not for points...points are the by-product of not drawing tags for me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back