PEAX Equipment

Anyone with an old DUI gone to Canada in the last few years?

Amazing to think... U.S. has inadmissibility INA codes such as "Crimes Involving Moral Turpitude" and should, considering the criminal convictions it covers. However, if the criminal pays $585, it's incredibly likely it magically becomes a waiver of inadmissibility for the crime involving moral turpitude. It's horse dung.
Source? On the "incredibly likely" part in particular?

Reality? Land borders do not have a "manifest" of travelers requesting entry into or transit through, with the exception of bus/train vs flights. Manifests *can be used for vetting to determine if someone should be interviewed further due to criminality and (or) pending charges. Yes, pending charges hold the potential for denied entry as well, pending court disposition to further determine admissibility.

W/o manifests, can you imagine the wait time if any and every query was followed to it's conclusion by law enforcement border officials? It would be days!
Canada and U.S. share crim records as does select other countries.
Unless it's significant / BOLO, it's based on the extent of the initial interview (w/o prior manifests). Random, Officer driven, or Intel driven interests for further inspections to expedites traffic.
Deceptive/false claims at the border if asked if ever arrested / other questions? There may be additional consequences as the intent is to provide false information to enter [insert country] from an immigration position. The U.S. 6C charge (fraudulent misrepresentation) leads to a ban from entry present and future, as an example.
Customs has other penalties though we're speaking of criminal offenses in this thread.

Source? On the "incredibly likely" part in particular?
You might try FOIA CBP ARO (Admissibility Review Office) or if you know a border Official you could personally ask - if you'd trust their response.

You might try FOIA CBP ARO (Admissibility Review Office) or if you know a border Official you could personally ask - if you'd trust their response.
I previously was trusted with approve and deny stamps for such applications; it was not as you say (at least in my office).

Many Many years ago, I knew a guy with a DUI on his record that lived up by the border and drove up to the Canadian Border Crossing and walked in and talked to the agents there. I'm not sure of all the ins and outs of what the agent had to do, but the guy was then able to travel into Canada for an up coming hunt.

So it can be done. Best thing to do is to call and ask as has been suggested.

I previously was trusted with approve and deny stamps for such applications; it was not as you say (at least in my office).
If you worked in the Admissibility Review Office, rubber stamping approved for the garbage granted I-192's for turd bags previously denied admissibility under Convictions/ ER's, WD's, etc from 2A, 6C, 9B, 2D, etc. To see I-192's (Waiver of Inadmissibility) granted for 5 years after a person was refused entry due to conviction(s) for sexually molesting a child... ARO is no bueno, IMO. Garbage. But hey, U.S. Gov't gains $585 per 5 year waivers of previously refused "Crimes Involving Moral Turpitude - Yet hey, pay us and enjoy Disneyland!" CIMTs...
This is a public forum. Not here to share my position of knowledge beyond my observations from a general pov. Best to you - I firmly disagree. ;) The heart of Internet forums - right? :)

On our first hunting trip to Alaska, my son who had a DUI 2 years previous while in college, was at first denied entry at the Saskatchewan border at Portal. He was taken into a room and interrogated for about an hour, I was then led into a room an interrogated for about the same time. My son was then brought back in and they cross interrogated us with different questions. They left us in the room for about another hour, and then came in and declared that he wasn't a threat to Canadian society, as he had obtained his teaching degree. He was allowed to cross with a fee of $450, had to sign a long list of paperwork that declared him a ward of the country of Canada, and we had 21 days to continue on to Alaska, do our hunt, and then he would sign over the paperwork back to the border agency on our return. After our return, he completed all the required material and applied to the Canadian Parliament for expulsion of his record. He was granted his expulsion and was sent a card, similar to a drivers license, that he must show whenever he crosses the border.....he has since done this several times without any problems.

It's been quite a while now but when our girls were young we went to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. 2000ish? Birth certificate for all but me, I had a DUI in '86 I think, and I had a truck with a tonneau cover on it. All they did was have me pull aside and give them the key to unlock the tailgate to see what was inside. Bye! No questions.

What if your wheelchair-bound buddy's backpack full of bathroom supplies and running the pool table all night gets you gang choked by 6 bouncers as they drag you out of the busiest bar in Whistler up the stairs past the mile long line of people waiting to get in until you black out and wake up fighting to keep the cops from clamping the bracelets and then get batton choked into the drunk tank after refusing to sign the property form until they allow you to actually count your money (cause you're not  that drunk) and then instead of laying on the floor next to the puddle of piss you lament your fellow drunks to join you in a bongo session on the door until they for some reason just let you go in the morning hoping you forgot about your night of civil injustice at the hands of the mounties? Oh wait, they don't really care about that!
Now that was funny…. Or is funny…. Wasn’t very comical then 🤣

What if your wheelchair-bound buddy's backpack full of bathroom supplies and running the pool table all night gets you gang choked by 6 bouncers as they drag you out of the busiest bar in Whistler up the stairs past the mile long line of people waiting to get in until you black out and wake up fighting to keep the cops from clamping the bracelets and then get batton choked into the drunk tank after refusing to sign the property form until they allow you to actually count your money (cause you're not  that drunk) and then instead of laying on the floor next to the puddle of piss you lament your fellow drunks to join you in a bongo session on the door until they for some reason just let you go in the morning hoping you forgot about your night of civil injustice at the hands of the mounties? Oh wait, they don't really care about that!
And don’t make them show you a pour to make sure you’re actually getting crown instead of well whiskey

Curious, if a DUI American crosses some mountain range into Canada, bypassing CBSA, are they considered "Undocumented DUI", granted DUI Asylum, paid Canadian $ - or would it be illegal and booted back to America?
Asking for a friend.

Humor :)

What if a guy got beat up by campus pd for taking a leak outside the bar and got slapped with a resisting charge for running away and because he needed to keep his dl?
Would this person be allowed in Whistler?
Asking for a friend.

I got lucky and got my resisting/obstruction charges dropped. Cops are always picking fights with drunken belligerents apparently. Plus it was profiling because they were arresting everyone that had an illegal tire fire going while blocking the road and refusing to give them their ID.

In Russia and Iran, among others, just being gay can get a person a criminal record. I don't have a problem with that kind of criminal record being waived. I think the crime wold be making gay visitors pay $585 to get it cleared up.

There has to be an equivalence in the Canadian rule of law for convictions to prevent you from entering Canada.

A foreign BS criminal charge for homosexuality, or any other silly charge, would not prevent you from entering. While you may be flagged by CBSA, they would simply clarify with you and let you in.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back