anyone use baers feet during archery??

JB Florida

anyone use baers feet during archery??
Since I mis-placed my boots and binos on an early morning stalk last year in NM.
(MAN WAS I CLOSE!)
I'm thinking i'll not take my boots off again.
Quiensabe.....Dont even say it :D
Have some?
Do ya like em?

No, hotter than hell and twigs stick to them and make things noisey. Just put an extra large pair of wool socks over your boots.

Go to a good pair of Mocosins...
Don't let the foot pads be to thick, you need to feel the earth. Also when you walk in them, you have to walk by lifting your feet straight up and putting them straight down (as much as possible). Don't drag your feet when you walk, it will wear them out to fast. You can really quiet down your noise level and it won't cost much differnce than Bear feet.....
I also put oderless foot powder in mine, so that when I take my boots off and put them in my pack, they are ready to eat up any sweat odor you may have. To a point any way....

I no longer use Bear's Feet because they are too hot, pick up lots of stuff, and don't last too long. I now use Carlton's Felt Sneakers and love them. Light, quiet, last forever, and not hot. Check Cabela's, as they sell them. Good luck.

BOHNTR )))------------>

JB, lucky for you i was there. next time just go for it. glad you are coming back to nm this year, i will show you some alsome bulls this year. QS

Elkchasr,
I think moccasins would be about like sock feet in those dang catcus they have all over.

Thanks Bohntr, I cant find a sock big enough to slip over these hooves, so i'll check out the felt ones.

Quiensabe,
I am lucky you were there! That could have easily cost me a pair of swaro's and a gps ...........
I wont count the boots since they have many miles on them and the blue book is pretty low:)
If I have the chance to stay with a bull that big again before shooting light, Ill take those boots off and do all over just like last time.

But it did kinda suck walking back to the service road in just socks. That was a dumbass moment for sure!
Sea ya in 7 weeks

Used Baers for two season...too flippin hot in Cals "balmy" 110 degree archery season :(

Now use the Carltons and like them- $30 at Cabelas
f7bc217b.jpg.orig.jpg

Try carpet poke a coupel holes in the corners and tye them on works grate and for a lot less than 30 bucks.

Back