Anyone tried Ross bows?

I have a cousin who works at a Ross dealer so I was able to shoot their 34" inch and 37 " models quite a bit this spring at his shop. I was very impressed with the bows. The draw super smooth, hold well, fit and finish is top notch, and have very little hand shock among some of the features I really liked. I was very strongly considering buying either model, but decided I just didn't really have a need for a new bow as my current one just works so well for me. From what I have heard and my own personel observations I think they're a very good bow.

Well, I was hearing too many good things about them so I went and shot a 31 and a 37 bow today. They had a 34 but not in my draw length and by the time I got to it somebody else had come in and bought it and another worker there at the shop was setting it up for him. But both of the other bows shot llike a dream. Really, smooth, quiet, and no hand shock. A little top heavy, which I like because I like the bow to fall forward on the shot. The best thing I liked about it, almost $200 cheaper than a Mathews Switchback XT. I shot that bow as well and I don't think it was any better than the Ross bows that I shot. I'm selling my Hoyt ViperTec and getting this Ross bow ordered for me.

Congrats, I think they are a really good bow. Which one are you ordering? I handled the 31, never shot it, and it was the only one of the line up that I noticed had the top heavy feel.

I got the 34" I tried a 37 that they set up and oh boy is that bow accurate. I'm not used to shooting or even practicing shooting at ranges farther than 50 yards but the shop I was at had some targets set up at 50, 55, and 60 yards and I drilled'em. The bow was really smooth draw and much more accurate than what I was used to in my Hoyt ViperTec. No shock, very quiet, and the perfect balance. Only thing is I wanted a little shorter bow for hunting from a tripod or ladder stand. Just easier to manuever with and a little lighter to carry all day long. I'm confident in what I got and can't wait to start busting up my target. :)

I've never personally seen one, but have heard about them. If your looking for a review of them, www. owsite.com recently tested most of the top end new bows and has it posted on their webiste. The Ross came in behind the top end bowtech and mathews, but well ahead of the Hoyt trykon. As many good things as I've heard people say about the Hoyt trykon, that has to say something for Ross.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back