Anyone tried cryotherapy?

jquigley

I've had a pretty severe bulging disc that has made the last few months a real drag. The closer I get to the season opener and the trip to Gila the more nervous I get about not being able to spend any time in the gym to get into shape. PT hasn't made much of a difference yet, so I'm starting to explore other options. A couple of guys I've done jiu-jitsu with recommended cryotherapy, but they're pretty prone to bro science. Anyone every tried this as part of their regimen to treat an injury? Any luck?

I know Joe Rogan raves about it and its benefits. He also talks about a contraption that he used when he was having back and neck problems and it saved him from having to get them fused. I wish I could remember the name of the machine...

I know Joe Rogan raves about it and its benefits. He also talks about a contraption that he used when he was having back and neck problems and it saved him from having to get them fused. I wish I could remember the name of the machine...

I have heard of that device he used too. My understanding is that the type he's referring to are mostly for neck and upper back issues. Unfortunately, mine is in the lower back but I'll have to look into what he has to say about cryo. My PT also suggested checking out PRP therapy, but we'll see how cost prohibitive that is.

I have seen a lot a pro mma fighters use it and say it helps them recover a lot faster than normal. those guys dont waste their time while training for a fight so i would think that it works

I have heard of that device he used too. My understanding is that the type he's referring to are mostly for neck and upper back issues. Unfortunately, mine is in the lower back but I'll have to look into what he has to say about cryo. My PT also suggested checking out PRP therapy, but we'll see how cost prohibitive that is.

The boss said we can do it for you in the office for cost, you just have waive all liability and let me inject you with a 12g needle.

I misunderstood your thread topic jquigley.......I read it as "cry therapy".......what I feel like doing when I'm at the bottom of a switchback, knowing how much I'm gonna hate it till the top is reached :)

Another option is class IV K laser therapy. I have been using it on an old injury to avoid invasive surgery. I was skeptical but was also out of options. Worked for me. I have to go about every 3rd quarter for around 10 sessions. I also looked at cryo but haven't done it....yet

My PT also suggested checking out PRP therapy, but we'll see how cost prohibitive that is.

I think they are getting ready to try this for my plantar fascia. Had an MRI done yesterday because it just isn't going away. My podiatrist recommended PRP treatment if it is torn. I talked to a friend that had it done for a couple of tears in ligaments/tendons in his toes and it got him healed up when nothing else worked. I don't think it is too expensive. I guess I find out next week when I go back for the MRI results.

I trained with the Gracies in Torrance for many years, and have had my share of back issues. Cryo works if you can afford to go regularly do it.

Yoga, and supple leopard are to keep you in shape to help avoid injury, not to treat it. You are right, the decompression harness is for upper back and neck.

Any type of natural inflammatory should help.

Turmeric supplements designed for inflammation.

Believe it or not, I have had GREAT luck with krill oil!!

In your part of cali can you get medical CBD edibles? They work wonders, and are 100% non-psychoactive.

Do your best to keep the inflammation down, and if you have any extra weight out front, don't underestimate the effect that has on your back!

This is a movement that will strengthen and support your lowers back, while putting no strain on it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw9YuQTTc58

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
northernmaineguide
Back