Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Anyone looking to sell an old pack?

Oh, you reminded me about Go hunt. Once I was also a hunter and bought various things on this site. But then I came across this website selling backpacks https://backpacks.global/compare/. However, I have not been hunting for several years because I simply don't have time for it now. After all, I trained as a programmer, and now I spend all day working on projects in this area. But I wish I could go back to the days when I gathered friends every season, and we all hunted different games together. And then, at the end of the season, they checked who had the best chance to hunt. Yes, there were fun times...

Last edited:
Young east coast man with a newborn here, wanting to see if there was any "well off" folks that have recently purchased a new backpack lately and want to rid themselves of the old one. Willing to pay a fair price for a used pack in decent condition. Im planning my first trip out west in the comming year (2022) and the pack i have just wont cut it for a backcountry hunt like i plan to take. Gohunt.com is doing a memorial day sale and even with promo code randy, its still a bit above my budget.... If anyone out there is willing to help out ill buy their old pack off them and pay for the shipping as well. just trying to see whats out there in good used condition before i bite the bullet and buy new. The wife would not be happy with that choice considering we just had a baby lol. any advise on a website or anything that sells used equipment would be a great help as well!

Thanks hunters,
good luck this season, stay safe, and God Bless the USA.
So I live in the out west and found myself in the same predicament last year. Checked out Mystery Ranch and yeah, looks real good, but let’s consider what we need. We need large-capacity rugged gear that can strap up close to the hiker with sufficient shoulder and waist rigging. I was looking real hard at surplus ALICE packs, lost a couple ebay auctions on those. Ultimately got a used Camp Trails McKinley external frame pack for $20. I cut out the divider separating upper/lower compartments and spray painted it camo. Taped up noisy metal on metal. It works great! Terrific weight management with decent belt. It looks like hell.

This worked until 25 or so years back when internal frames became the rage. It’s just like rifle calibers that apparently no longer kill things. Maybe we’ll give up our hipster 6.5’s and man buns someday to go “back to the land” and rediscover 30-30’s?

So I live in the out west and found myself in the same predicament last year. Checked out Mystery Ranch and yeah, looks real good, but let’s consider what we need. We need large-capacity rugged gear that can strap up close to the hiker with sufficient shoulder and waist rigging. I was looking real hard at surplus ALICE packs, lost a couple ebay auctions on those. Ultimately got a used Camp Trails McKinley external frame pack for $20. I cut out the divider separating upper/lower compartments and spray painted it camo. Taped up noisy metal on metal. It works great! Terrific weight management with decent belt. It looks like hell.

This worked until 25 or so years back when internal frames became the rage. It’s just like rifle calibers that apparently no longer kill things. Maybe we’ll give up our hipster 6.5’s and man buns someday to go “back to the land” and rediscover 30-30’s?
I have an internal frame pack that is my day pack. It can carry out the 1st load of meat to camp or truck. Than I grab an external pack frame and lashing straps, that does the heavy lifting. I see external frames in thrift stores regularly. So yes, I am in thrift stores regularly. FWIW my internal frame pack is a Badlands Sacrifice, and it is a keeper.

Last edited:
Exo 3500 with the large frame/belt. Has the dry bag liner and I’ll include the meat hauler. Lightly used, $400. I’ll add photos if your interested

If you want, I can sell you my old army backpack, and it is very large but at the same time comfortable. Anything can fit in it. When I go camping with friends, I only take it. However, I recently bought myself a new one and therefore I have it lying idle, if you still need it, you can write to me in personal messages. We will already decide how I will send it to you. Also, I can give you a child-resistant exit bag as a small gift. If you don't know what kind of special bag it is, read about it on this site -- interplas.com. I think you will need such a thing if you have children.

Last edited:
Nobody is going to like it.... Jansport Odyssey.
They're about $100, 39L, pocket for a camelback, and really durable/comfortable, mines 10+ years old and no issues.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back