Anyone looking for a Drahthaar?

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 20812

Shoot me a PM. Serious inquiries only. Two different breeders I know each have one male available. Only for folks willing to test and hunt the hell out of their dog.

Last edited by a moderator:
So they wouldn't sell to someone who's just willing to hunt the hell outa the dog? Must be interested in testing? I'm not in the market yet, just curious.

So they wouldn't sell to someone who's just willing to hunt the hell outa the dog? Must be interested in testing? I'm not in the market yet, just curious.
The testing is a pretty important component for serious breeders. It's not hard, and it also serves a very utilitarian purpose in getting your dog where it should be for hunting. It tells the breeders which genetics and lineages work for a truly versatile dog.

Some breeders will sell to folks even if they don't plan to test. Others won't. One of the pups is on the east coast, and the breeder has turned down three people so far who wanted to buy him.

The testing is a pretty important component for serious breeders. It's not hard, and it also serves a very utilitarian purpose in getting your dog where it should be for hunting. It tells the breeders which genetics and lineages work for a truly versatile dog.

Some breeders will sell to folks even if they don't plan to test. Others won't. One of the pups is on the east coast, and the breeder has turned down three people so far who wanted to buy him.

thank you - the testing is an important component of the breed and the future of the breed - and as you mentioned, the testing supports their hunt readiness

Love my drahthaars

Question about the drathaars. They have peaked my curiosity as of lately becuase the wife hates how my lab sheds.is it true they are not as hardy in the cold as a lab?

I think I would get in trouble with another dog. 2 dogs and 2 cats is enough right now.

Reactions: Hem
Back