Anyone hunt WY lopes 112, 95 or 93?

Rodzilla

My wife thinks that this is the year to cash in her 9 antelope points (mostly because her schedule is open, and the kids are finally grown up to leave with my in-laws). Was contemplating the three units for her first ever hunt/tag. I know she can at least kill a 75" in any of those, but looking for a unit with decent country we can get around in, and give her a good experience (pretty country would not hurt). Anyone recommend one of these over the other? I'm going to encourage her to hold out for something nice or ugly, but its her tag, happy with whatever she shoots. Thanks for the advice if any! Thinking reg draw, cant afford special tags right now. Here is a pic from her firs trip with me to WY a couple years ago in 64, she had fun, but there was definitely not much to look at in scenery in that unit. - ROdzilla
IMG_3141xx.JPG

I hunted 112 a few years ago and loved it. Shot a buck just shy of 15 inches, not sure what he scored though. Maybe mid 70s. But I thought the scenery was beautiful. Especially on the southern end between Little Mnt and Pine Mnt. I wanted to go explore the country along the east side of Flaming gorge but never made it. I have been, on other occasions, down along the southern end of the gorge, where the dam is, and it is very scenic. I haven't hunted 93 or 95, but I grew up in south western Wyoming and we hunted 94 quite a bit. Not as scenic and 112, but it has its own kind of beauty. I'd like to go back to 112 one of these years.

I hunted 112 a few years ago and loved it. Shot a buck just shy of 15 inches, not sure what he scored though. Maybe mid 70s. But I thought the scenery was beautiful. Especially on the southern end between Little Mnt and Pine Mnt. I wanted to go explore the country along the east side of Flaming gorge but never made it. I have been, on other occasions, down along the southern end of the gorge, where the dam is, and it is very scenic. I haven't hunted 93 or 95, but I grew up in south western Wyoming and we hunted 94 quite a bit. Not as scenic and 112, but it has its own kind of beauty. I'd like to go back to 112 one of these years.

Carl 9.3X62, those are amazing pictures man, thanks for sharing, looks very scenic, definitely showing these pics to my wife (she is going to like this)! That is a nice goat too! I've heard that area between Little and pine mountain being unreal in scenery. Looks to have many of potential camping spots too. Our last hunt in 64 was crazy opposite, 99% without trees, made camping tricky. Thanks again for sharing.

Carl 9.3X62, those are amazing pictures man, thanks for sharing, looks very scenic, definitely showing these pics to my wife (she is going to like this)! That is a nice goat too! I've heard that area between Little and pine mountain being unreal in scenery. Looks to have many of potential camping spots too. Our last hunt in 64 was crazy opposite, 99% without trees, made camping tricky. Thanks again for sharing.
No problem man. The vast majority of the area is BLM, so camping places are pretty much unlimited. I camped on Pine mnt, and could hear elk bugling at night.

If she wants scenery get her an elk tag in the Rockies, but for nine points antelope I think I’d pick the best unit and shoot one. The scenery I’d want is horns in my hands.

My strategy for 93 would be to go stay at the Big Sandy Lodge at the Southern end of the Wind River Range. Go ride horses and hike in the Wind Rivers for the week before opening day, then drive out on Opening day and kill a Goat from the road on the way back out to the highway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back