PEAX Equipment

Anyone have a lead on powder/primers?

What are you shooting it in? Let me know how you like it. Being very new to reloading I’m still scared to deviate from powders in the manual.
I use it in one of my 243's and am in the process of testing it in my 270. I tried it in my 300 but it preferred 4831SC. Look it up on the load data site on Hodgdon, they have loads for everything under the sun, they just don't tell you what was most accurate like the bullet manuals do.

Well I found some IMR4451 available. Seams to be much easier to find then H4350 and seams the online consensus is they are very similar. Guess I'm gonna make the switch. Hope it shoots well. Still can't find any primers though. I have 15-20 left without going upstairs to look. But about 75 bullets. Since hunting season is over and I got a new MagnetoSpeed chrono I think I'm gonna try the 10 shot load development with the chrono. I can't find and info on 4451 with 168gr E-tips so I'm just going to use the Hodgden info for any 168gr bullet unless someone has some suggestions? Also after a couple unsuccessful hunts I have some of my loaded rounds left. Any reason I can't pull the bullets and dump the H4350 out to reload with IMR4451 for testing?

Well I found some IMR4451 available. Seams to be much easier to find then H4350 and seams the online consensus is they are very similar. Guess I'm gonna make the switch. Hope it shoots well. Still can't find any primers though. I have 15-20 left without going upstairs to look. But about 75 bullets. Since hunting season is over and I got a new MagnetoSpeed chrono I think I'm gonna try the 10 shot load development with the chrono. I can't find and info on 4451 with 168gr E-tips so I'm just going to use the Hodgden info for any 168gr bullet unless someone has some suggestions? Also after a couple unsuccessful hunts I have some of my loaded rounds left. Any reason I can't pull the bullets and dump the H4350 out to reload with IMR4451 for testing?
No reason at all, but there are 2 schools of thought about whether or not you should resize the necks before seating the old or different bullets. If you have a neck sizing bushing I'd say go for the resize, but if you have to resize and re-expand, I'd probably fuhgeddaboutit!

I'm in Denver, ill keep an eye out. Have you checked Murdock? They had no primers, but had some powders last time I was in there. I can give you 1or 200 cci primers if you get desperate.

Edit: nm, I only have large rifle, not magnum rifle.
Z

Anyone in the Ames, IA area have a couple hundred 209 shotgun shell primers to preferably sell?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back