Anyone good with outboards?

Your issue could be a small bead of water in the bottom of the carburetor float bowl. What happens is gas will get initially pulled for start up, and when the venturi effect increases from air flow through the carb, the motor will draw the water bead into the pilot jet (low speed jet) and stop fuel flow through the jet. Then the motor stops and does the same thing over again.

Some fuel lines do not like ethanol fuel. They cake up and get scales inside. Run just like you described. Others have offered very good suggestions but if all else fails take the fuel line apart at the primer bulb to check the inside, that way you can easily use a hose clamp to put it back together if all is ok. Inside of gas line will look like tried up paint or lacquer if it has been attacked by ethanol. If so you need a new line.

X2, seen this numerous times on engines that don’t run frequently. That fuel line is 29 years old. They never planned for ethanol when it was made. Change them out.

I guess I should have mentioned that there is a fuel station right by my house that sells ethanol free, and almost every time I fill up the tank from there

Ha ! You're best with me is to toss my ass overboard and tell me to start "a pushin' on the Stern" !

I guess I should have mentioned that there is a fuel station right by my house that sells ethanol free, and almost every time I fill up the tank from there

How long have you had it? The damage could of been done a 10 years ago and the rubber line is just met it’s life cycle.

I’ve had perfect good looking fuel lines on the outside have a avulsion on the inside that acted like a damn every time fuel tried to flow past it. Most of the time the small bits break off and will leave you chasing your tail trying to figure out where the blockage is.

For a different chemical reason rubber brake lines do it all the time. Take a caliper off a older car and turn it upside down and open the bleeder. You will be amazed at what comes out.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back