Yeti GOBOX Collection

Anyone from Florida?

Big Sky

I know it's a long shot on this site, but I'm going to ask anyway. I'm looking for someone that knows about fishing in Florida. I'm especially looking for someone that knows about the invasive species like cichlids, peacock bass, oscars and such.

Those species are south Florida I'm in Central Florida. Cant offer much in the way of direct knowledge. but if you think largemouth and bluegill as far as fishing techniques you'll catch the species you are speaking of.

A couple guys from our camp last year went to the Everglades canals and caught Oscars last year. They had buckets full of them for a fish fry. They claim you needed a broomstick for a pole because they were heavy fighters for there size. The ones they had were in the 12-14” range. Good eating and not very shy about biting. They only fished for an hour because they didn’t want to filet any more. Great fun from what they said.

A couple guys from our camp last year went to the Everglades canals and caught Oscars last year. They had buckets full of them for a fish fry. They claim you needed a broomstick for a pole because they were heavy fighters for there size. The ones they had were in the 12-14” range. Good eating and not very shy about biting. They only fished for an hour because they didn’t want to filet any more. Great fun from what they said.
Something like this is what I'm hoping to do, except I'm not interested in keeping or eating any.

I know it's a long shot on this site, but I'm going to ask anyway. I'm looking for someone that knows about fishing in Florida. I'm especially looking for someone that knows about the invasive species like cichlids, peacock bass, oscars and such.
I did the "exotic slam" on my fly rod while in FL. I was in the Keys and Miami area. They were everywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back