Anyone eat.....

Some of you guy's are way to squeemish...
If stuck in a survival situation, some of the vicerals are way better for you and will help you last longer than just eating the "good" parts...
That is why bears will walk over a big chunk of meat and jump on into the gut pile first..... :D

Elkcshr,
Who said anything about survival, this is just plain table fare.
Now if you want to talk about survival. my dad used to teach desert survival to ROTC members @ ASU in the 70's.
He sent me out into the desert for one week with just what was in my pockets and some training of course. I ate a few things that would make most people puke, so I won't mention them.
Nothing like carrion

HAHAHAHA!!!!
Bring it on...
Lets see if you can get a few of these girls to eat their lunch....LOL... :D

Just a few items that I can remember.
Snakes, lizards, white larve out of decaying cactus's, ants, and some kind of rodent(not sure what it was)it was dead for a while and even though I mixed it with some barrel cactus pulp and cooked the heck out of it, it still made me sick about 2-3 hours later.
I've drank cow pond water, and squeezed the pulp out of many cacti.
the worst were the larve though, very bitter and chewy. They left an after taste that I could not get rid of until I got home and brushed my teeth.

trophy_killer:

I once ate elk heart raw prepared by a sushi chef in camp. But I prefer it cooked. It's great.

The only problem with elk liver is it tastes like liver. You can have all of mine.

But then I can even choke down freeze dried food and I think some of that tastes OK. So who am I to talk about what tastes good and what doesn't.

KC

In all reality. I will try almost every thing once. I tell every one that as long as it makes a turd, bring it on... :D :D :D

I am surprised some of you don't eat the innards, I thought everyone did. The heart is the best part of a deer or elk. sliced thin roled in flour and corn meal then fried up in a skillet. Thats just fine eaten. And the liver is as good as any beef liver.

I actually like wild game liver and heart, don't care for the mushy taste of beef and pigs [domestic]. But in the last few years, I haven't gotten any. Some of my old time neighbors that can't hunt any more, like the stuff as well. So I pass it all on to them.... :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back