Anyone been out for lopers in the last couple of days?

smalls

Just wondering if they are starting to chase a little more yet? I will be out a bit this weekend. Hopefully they are starting to rut a little harder than 2 weeks ago and I can decoy one!

I just got back from two weeks of Pronghorn hunting with a bow here in New Mexico and they weren't doing much of anything down here.
Good luck!

Smalls, the rutt is kicking in quick.....I watched my main herd...he hasn't had any challengers yet, but he sure is working double time keeping 'em rounded up.......

Watched another herd, with the big fella breeding several does....

And watched a third herd go through a changing of the guard....twice....the herd buck was ousted one day, and regained his herd the next........

I haven't had much chance to get out, but Have vacation coming up on starting Thursday.....8 days off....hope I can fill at least one tag ??!!

Good luck to you and everyone else..

I was out this weekend. Your right about the rut firing up, I think next weekend is GO time. I watched some chasing and challenging yesterday, as well as some bucks that had does pinned against water holes and fence lines. I snuck into a prime pasture yesterday and passed on several smallish bucks...no bigger than 10". Was waiting for the pig I found on a previous hunt. Had him come w/in 40 yards but he was running Mach 4 herding a doe back to the corner of the pasture.

No shots fired but I think next weekend the decoy should be golden. I held off on trying the decoy after watching a pair of guys through the spotting scope freak out 3 groups of antelope with it saturday. Plus I was hunting several miles from the road and it's a pain in the ars to carry when you don't need it.

Imin, I saw a group of lope w/ a decent (13") buck right next to interstate in a stubble field west of the Glen Ullin exit. He had them stacked into the corner of the fenceline like cattle in the chute.

I will be back out next weekend. Revenge will be mine!

Hey Smalls...I'm from GU....I'll have to check him out....he'd be smaller than the ones I'm after, but always good watching when they're that close to home.....

Good luck this week, I scored on some more land to hunt.....don't think I'll need it though.....or should say "hope I don't need it...."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back