Anyone been on a good guided Sandhill Crane hunt?

thusby

I've been looking around to find a decent guided sandhill crane hunt and haven't turned up any references from my friends. Has anyone been on a good guided hunt with decent sandhill success? Farther north is better but I'd be open to traveling just about anywhere.

I can give you a couple few names around Lubbock Texas, but unfortunately that is by no means "North" Unless you happen to have your baseline in Mexico.

Most likely not north for you, but we had a good crane hunt with Jake Huddleston in Port Lavaca this past Jan.
Killed ross, snows, specks, bw/gw teal, pintails and gadwall as well. Fun hunt.
I'm sure there are guys in Oklahoma that get on the pretty good, but I don't know of many further north than that.

lol without a doubt there are one or two in Saskatchewan Dan, we even have them in the Territories, but that is WAY north

I haven't been on a guided hunt, but when I was going to school in North Dakota, there would be thousands of them in fields. We got on them and got them the one time we tried. Pretty amazing to hear that many of them making noise at once.... I would recommend looking there if you can't find any first-hand experiences from people that have gone guided.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back