Anybody Use Eberlestock Gear?

Colberjs

I stopped in an outdoor store today that carried a lot of Eberlestock gear. I have an X1A1 pack which I like for he most part. I noticed they have a new pack frame and compatible packs that seemed really nice and not ridiculously priced. They also had some pretty nice sleeping bags.

Have any of you used their sleeping bags? Any thoughts on the pack frame or other gear?

Here is a link to their sleeping bags. I like the ultralight. http://eberlestock.com/Sleeping Bags.htm

Here is a link to their packs. I like the F1 Mainframe and F-2 Transporter. https://eberlestock.com/hunting.htm

I have a J107-Dragonfly that I bought from another Hunt Talk member and I really like the pack, it is a little heavy. I've never used the others like Mystery Ranch, Stone Glacier, etc. so I can't tell you any side-by-side comparisons. My son uses an Eberlestock LoDrag pack when he shoots competitions and that pack seems very nice as well, but it would be small as a hunting pack. My opinion - for the money they make a good pack.

I have an X2 that I been pretty happy with. Mainly used it as a day pack and not looking to replace anytime soon either. I also have an Eberlestock Euro down sleeping bag -bought it last year for Wyoming late season elk-only used it for 4 nights and I was happy with it. It only got down to mid teens at night and I was plenty warm.

I too have the J107-Dragonfly pack and overall really like it. Like fishing4sanity says it is pretty heavy though. Quality is good in my opinion. Also, I just bought a Kuiu Ultra this week and like it a lot too. It's fairly basic on the pocket front but very light and well-built.

I have a Dragonfly and a MR CrewCab. I call the Dragonfly (J107) an EberleSqueak because I find mine noisy on the shoulder straps. I might not be fitting it perfectly to myself but it killed my traps after several days hunting under it. I do like the layout, etc. The scabbard comes in handy when I have a rifle hunt.

I take 2 packs on trips; 1 is a cabelas Alaskan aluminum pack frame (naked pack frame) and the main pack I carry is a Eberlestock Dragonfly love the scabbard on those uphill hikes. the pack is heavy and could use a few small pockets but its so versatile and meat loading doesn't get any better with that mesh section. it took me awhile to get it truly comfortable fit and adjusted but once I did its a breeze to carry all day. the aluminum pack frame never leaves the truck now because i like the way the dragonfly packs and carries meat and antlers. also learned that I like the dragonfly as a shooting rest , quite and very stable with that internal support shooting prone or sitting

I have a 107, cannot fault it and it has seen many weeks on the hill. However like a few others I'm also thinking about upgrading to a lightweight large capacity pack and just not entirely sure what set up to use.

I have a bluewidow, pack worked great for over a year till we packed out an elk. Pack ripped, Eberlestock wouldn't cover the damage said it was my fault. Took 6 months to get the pack repaired. Had to pay almost half the cost of the pack to get it repaired. Not happy at all, and will never purchase another item from them again.
Will be going to MR,Kuiu or someone else in the next few years.

Also for more info, the pack ripped while on my back. Where the shoulder strap attached to the base of the pack.

Last edited:
I also have a blue widow and have packed out quite a few animals with no issues. Cleans out well with wet wipes and the pack expands out to 7500ci for backcountry hunts. I am definitely interested in their nw pack frame with an option to attach additional bags for storage and gear.

I have the J34, I bought from a Hunttalker, love the pack, had kinda the same issue as Huntbux, opted to have it repaired locally for $40 bucks. Repair looks great should get some more miles out of it. Will I stay with Eberlestock for my next pack...we will see...

I've got the Gunrunner 2 and really like it. My shoulders never hurt after a week of hunting like my old packs. I love the scabbard for hands free glassing and when I want to move quickly.

I've also go the Mini me pack with a scabbard attached that works great for run and gun antelope hunting.

For those of you that have the X2, how are the zippers in terms of size and noise? I would like the zippers a bit beefy and somewhat quiet.

I love mine, I've got the "Just One" I believe J104. Little heavier than something you'd get from Kifaru or Kuiu but more room than I can fill. Carried out plenty of elk quarters using it

I have the X2. It is the only pack in the lineup that, for my money, offers a decent amount of features in comparison to its weight.

That said, its a daypack you can throw some meat on and nothing more. Definitely NOT a pack for dealing with packing out an elk.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back