PEAX Equipment

Anybody shed hunt Ear mtn?

So this spring im going to try a 5 day shed huntin trip on may15th and the five days after, I was thinkin of hitting up Ear Mtn WMA and the Blackleaf Wma in Montana here. however I have never been there and have only got to do my normal Google earth scouting but thought I would see if anybody has any ideas or pointers for the area?

I haven't shed hunted there, but some of the largest mule deer I've ever seen in Montana were in the side drainages of the North Fork of Deep Creek. Which is the country in behind Ear Mountain. You might find some outstanding mule deer sheds. Additionally you wouldn't be very far from the country where the Montana record typical mule deer (207" B&C) was poached.

Hey thanks Luckymike big mulie sheds are something I never have good luck with so the opportunity at some decent ones is an exciting prospect. it looked like some gnarly country up there when I was snoopin on google earth so I cant wait to head up that way. the heck with ice fishin I wanna go shed huntin!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back