Anybody have input on Outdoorsman Tripods?

LukeDuke

Good afternoon hunt talkers. This past season I broke my second vanguard tripod...too much plastic on the model I had. Curious if anyone has some advice on the Outdoorsman Tripods...or any other systems that you all have had good luck with. I typically use my tripods for cameras, spotting scope, binocs, and occasionally a shooting rest. From what I have read and watched on YouTube, the system looks pretty slick...just wondering if anyone on here has some insight they would be willing to offer?Any advice would be appreciated...thanks and Merry Christmas!!

I have the medium and compact ones with the pistol grip head on mine. Have had them about 8 years and have no complaints. I would not purchase the compact again just because of the cost difference and there is not enough size difference between it and the medium. The medium and compact are good for either sitting on the ground or a small chair. One day I will purchase the taller one to use when standing.

You can save yourself some money and get a quality tripod/head from Slik. I have 3 and they are all still in service, the newest being 8 years old.

I have the Outdoorsman Medium Tripod with the pistol grip and really like it. I won it in a contest though, I don't think I could have ever justified the price tag, but they resell for about 75 - 80% of full retail price so if you bought one and didn't like it you could sell it pretty easily and quickly. I like it enough that I haven't sold it.

I've got the Outdoorsmans medium with the Jim White head. Great setup for packing around in my backpack. Highly recommend but it cost me a few bucks. I'm not a big fan of the pistol grip so I upgraded to the Jim White
I've got a taller carbon fiber that I use from time to time if we're not walking far or going to stand and glass a lot like antelope in WY, etc.

I like the pistol grip concept, but I've never tried one. I will do some snooping around and see what I can get my hands on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dtownsend
Back