Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Anybody have any experience with sporterized 1917 Enfields?

DRS

I inherited my Dad's first hunting rifle, a sporterized 1917 Enfield he bought used around 1950. In the early 1960s when the 300 Win. Magnum was introduced he had it rechambered for this round and afterwards killed several elk with it. I was planning on taking it as a backup rife on a Wyo elk hunt next month, but after shooting it sparingly over the spring and summer to work up handloads I have been doing some practicing with it along with my primary rifle the last few weeks in various field positions. Unfortunately I have found that if I shoot more than 2-3 3 shot strings, with some time in between, the floor plate, magazine spring and magazine carrier will just fall out of it after a shot. I have been able to put it back together so far but it has happened now a couple of times. Is there anything I can do to prevent this? I would really like to be able hunt with it.

More than likely you need to take a look at the magazine latch and the spring. It probably just needs a little tweak/ filing or a new spring.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back