any walleyes?

duckhunt

Im heading up to pool 9 on the big mississippi today after work to try and put some marble eyes in the boat. Chance of rain this afternoon but tomorrow morning looks good. Its been a tuff year so far. Ive managed to boat a few but not like I usually do. Anybody else been catching any?

Up on a local lake last weekend, we boated 26 on Saturday afternoon and 45 on Sunday. Largest being 22". Lost an estimated 25-27" sitting right by the boat b/c my daughter didn't do as well as a net job as she thought she could, regardless I would've released it after I took a few photos. She felt horrible but I laughed about the whole event b/c I was just happy my family was out on the water fishing with me.

Good luck to you today duckhunt!

Been on a few but the water has been high making it tough. Deep corners of sloughs with current have been good trolling crankbaits. The wingdams should be starting to pick up as well. If you want to try a different style of fishing the upper iowa has been hot for walleye and smallmouth from highway 76 to highway 26.

I've had a great year so far for walleye. I haven't been out as many times as I normally am but so far so good.

Got a boat load last week . Not big ones but we kept 8 that where around 15"
walleye%20a_zps7rdyp0hv.jpg

Holter lake Mt:hump:

A couple weeks back I went to ND to visit a friend in Mandan. Three of us kept 51 in four-ish days of fishing. Around here, it has been spotty, due the never-ending surge of water.

We ended up with 0 walleyes. Did some drifting live bait rigs wich the catfish thought looked tasty. Then we went to trolling crank baits wich caught about every weed floating in the river. But thats ok, better than spending the weekend working.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back