Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Any reports on the Rut in Western CO?

bmontang

I have heard that with the heat the rut has been pretty quiet so far. Just wondering if thats the case and is there is any chance a guy may catch the tail end during second rifle.

TIA.

Just because some people report that the rut has been slow doesn't mean that the peak of the rut has changed. I wouldn't count on any rut activity during second season. Bulls will have moved to sanctuary by then. Best of luck.

Yes, the Equinox is on Sept 22-23 the peak of the rut or when most cows enter estrus is 10 days prior to 10 days after. It doesn't matter if it's raining, hot or snowing rutting will occur during this time frame for the most part. Right place right time & you'll experience its effects!

ElkNut/Paul

I've seen rutting action during 2nd season a few years ago. I wasn't in Western CO though. It is more the exception than the rule from my experiences though. I don't count on it.

Pretty quiet between Meeker and Yampa over the last few days, two bulls heard, three or four seen...the grouse are out in force though and paid dearly!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back