Any Reloader 17 shooters ?

Rooster52

I am starting to load for my 300WSM .150 and 180 grain Accubonds. Just bought my first pound of reloader 17. Hard to find any published load data.

I use it for my 300 wsm, 180 acubounds and my browning a bolt don't like each other. But 165/180 Barnes TTSX group just fine and with a little tweeking I'm sure it will be great.

Side note, 180 grain Etips didn't shoot with a crap either.

I also use Barnes but mine likes the 175 LRX. Sub MOA and I will look to see what my max load is. WORD OF CAUTION....I use Norma Brass and had to use 2-3 grains less than a max load because of significant pressure signs.

I'm using it in .280 and will be working up loads for 30-06 and 8mm-06 as soon as my new neighborhood range opens next month (300 yd.). It reputedly was designed for and works well in the short magnums. What I like best about it is the progressive ignition with smaller pressure spikes at ignition.

I use RL17 in a '06 Mainly for shooting steel targets at distance. I have found the RL17 to produce much better velocity with no pressure signs than the conventional 4831 and 4350 type of powders. After testing from 10F up to 90F the RL17 has some temp stability issues. I have found that the RL 17 increases pressure/velocity at a rate of almost 1 fps per 1 degree temp increase and vise versa. This is been tested through a chronograph as well as checked with actual drop chart while field shooting.

Nothing wrong with the powder but I wouldn't suggest working up a high end load in the winter/spring and shooting much in late August.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnbighunter
Back