Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Any recommendations for a cheap borescope?

Harrier

I’ve seen mention of the inexpensive endoscope/borescope tube cameras that can be hooked up to a smartphone. Anyone use one of these that they’d recommend? I’d need one compatible with an iPhone, and small enough to go in .30 cal, maybe even 6.5 mm.

Teslong. Cheap, works really well. I’m very happy with mine. I sho7ld mention I bought mine quite a while ago, and never got it to work with my older gen iPhone or iPad. Others have been successful with the combination, so it could just be me.

Lots of satisfied customers over at accurateshooters.com, which is where I found out about it.

keep In mind, you’re not always going to like what you see, or see what you expect. If you have OCD, it can drive you crazy if you have a rifle that shoots well, but you know the barrel has problems.

If it’s a bolt gun you can pull the bolt and place the gun in a vice. Put a target 20 yards away and look through the barrel. Adjust rifle to the paper and then move the scope. That’s what I always do and sighting in has never taken me more than a few shots.

I feel like the cheap bore sights can be inaccurate but that’s just me

If it’s a bolt gun you can pull the bolt and place the gun in a vice. Put a target 20 yards away and look through the barrel. Adjust rifle to the paper and then move the scope. That’s what I always do and sighting in has never taken me more than a few shots.

He’s wanting to look in the barrel.

You’re referring to bore sighting.

I fiddled with the fiber-optic one for a while. I ended up spending $280 on a Lyman digital borescope. I like it a lot.

Teslong for me. But if this is your first borescope, you will end up spending a lot of time cleaning all of your barrels and be back on here with pictures of barrels that you are wondering how this barrel shoots as good as it does when it looks like this.

Title is a little confusing, and I think you misunderstood what OP was asking. He is actually looking for a device to inspect the condition of the bore and rifling, not sighting in a scope. If he does need to bore sight, your suggestion is excellent. A little more precision can be obtained if you put a deprimed case into the chamber. Then you can look through the flash hole and get a finer point of aim to align the scope reticle.

Last edited:
I’ve seen mention of the inexpensive endoscope/borescope tube cameras that can be hooked up to a smartphone. Anyone use one of these that they’d recommend? I’d need one compatible with an iPhone, and small enough to go in .30 cal, maybe even 6.5 mm.
i'm using a teslong did have it working on the tablet then it died . now working on the laptop . without the borescope you have no clue if you have cleaned it

i'm using a teslong did have it working on the tablet then it died . now working on the laptop . without the borescope you have no clue if you have cleaned it
Does a clean bore even matter? I'd be willing to bet that bore scopes have caused more problems than they've solved

If you look real hard it might even say "I'm compensating for something" in there. I kid kid. I know that thing serves a purpose
Got a new one with no erosion. Curious to see the throat in the original barrel. mtmuley

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back