MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Any pointers - Wyoming pronghorn, whitetail

seigeto

I was supposed to be here a few weeks ago, but a family health issue kept me home. So I ended up eating my buck antelope tag and my mule deer hunt is now a whitetail hunt. I decided that a few days away was still worth it, so am here (unit 15 for speed goats, general c for deer) and I’m coming up empty.

I know it’s an area with hard access (second choice and leftover tags well I build a couple points). Regardless, coming from a place with way less access it actually feels like a lot because I don’t mind getting out and walking.

I’ve hunted hard - put 40 miles on my boots over the last 2 days - but only spotted a dozen lopes on public land. Was setting up on those ones I spotted on the way back to my truck, when some guys pulled off the road and took some shots at them (they apologized for not seeing me), but that’s the only opportunity I’ve had.

Am heading off for whitetails tomorrow afternoon (leaving my antelope unit), so if anyone has any pointers on where I can get on some lopes in the morning, it’d be much appreciated.

All in it’s still been a great trip - beautiful country, I’ve seen lots of critters and have had a great time, would just love to also take some meat home to the family.

Last edited:
Never hunted those sections. Most land owners are more giving for whitetail.

All I can say is find a river or creek bottom and you will find deer.

Found some whitetails on public land a few weeks back. They were in region C, but a few hours from antelope unit 15. Shoot me a PM if you’re interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back