Any of you eastern treestand rifle hunters (shooting sticks)

Depends on the situation and the stand. If the deer generally cross in front of me and the stand doesn't have a shooting rail, and the shot might be 100 yards, then yeah I'll bring a shooting stick. Just a cheap Walmart one to give an extra amount of support. I dont do very much stand hunting anymore though. Mostly hunt from the ground.

Depends on the situation and the stand. If the deer generally cross in front of me and the stand doesn't have a shooting rail, and the shot might be 100 yards, then yeah I'll bring a shooting stick. Just a cheap Walmart one to give an extra amount of support. I dont do very much stand hunting anymore though. Mostly hunt from the ground.
I stand hunt in PA. I just want more stability and have never tried a shooting stick.

No. My climber has a shooting rail attached to the seat. I put my elbow on it to steady my rifle if needed.

I can't use a shooting stick with one leg, too wobbly for me. I use a two-legged version if I am walking and stalking, doubles as a walking stick. Three-legged if I am stationary.

Does the tree count? All my climbers face the tree.

All the time. I carry them frequently when hunting ag fields from hang-on stands and they work quite well if planted in the expanded metal platform of some brands of tree stands.

I really like the primos shocky tripod that's tall enough to stand but also breaks down low enough to sit. If I'm in a situation I need to prone out I can make that happen typically off a pack. All my bases are covered

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back