Any MI hunters looking for a partner to head out west?

bdubb78

Native of CA, moved to MI for work 8+ years ago, and have really gotten into hunting the last 3 years. I have filled every tag I have had thus far, which is no small feat in Southwest MI with the extreme hunting pressure the deer receive. At any rate, having zero equipment for western hunting, I have spend the last year piecing together gear (coolers, tent, Thermarest, Kuiu clothing, spotting scope and tripod, etc.) to try to make this happen in the Fall of 2017. I still need to get a pack and boots as well as a number of odds and ends--it has been an expensive year. My plan is to subscribe to the GoHunt Insider in December and start researching units and getting ready to put in for tags. I am thinking Wyoming for elk and pronghorn. I am also thinking I may best be served just going after a cow during gun season so I can learn the land, etc. I would love to have a partner to share the ride and adventure with, even better if they have experience. I know people are picky about partners, especially newbs, but I WILL be doing this one way or the other. I am fully committed to making this happen on a yearly basis.

Gregmancilla

Southwest MI?? Im not too far from you here in Northwest Indiana, we had a lease in Galien for several years but mostly for geese although have deer hunted the area quite a bit as well, theres a few deer there but more hunters than anywhere I have ever seen. I have been entertaining the idea of my first trip next year, not too many brave souls want to test their limits I guess most hunters out here get lazy after treestand hunting for so many years.

recon6036

I make one hunting trip a year out west. This will be the 6th year in a row. Started with Antelope in Wyoming for a couple years, then moved into Elk in Colorado. Always got a cow tag, until this year. In order to make the trips affordable, I have 3 friends that go with to share the fuel cost. One friend dropped out this year, but just picked up another. Hopefully you find a person or group to go with. One warning though; once you hunt out west, hunting in Michigan will never be the same!

buckykm1

what part of MI. are you in ?
check out Craigslist Kalamazoo, sporting goods section, I am looking for a Elk hunting Partner, but I go to Montana, and have all the camping gear.

KevinDSCN0734.jpg