Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Any last gasp deer hunters out there?

mndiver

The last 6 days of deer hunting are upon most of us. Not everyone, I know, but all the states I hunt shut it down December 31st. Anyone else still chasing? Brother and I have a 3 day trip planned to try and knock down some whitetails the 28th-30th. I get excited for late season and the possibility that the next deer I see will likely be the last for the year.

Hoping to get my pistol sighted in. We have an alternative season that we can use pistols in. The boy still has 2 tags.

just got out for the first time last Sunday.
I’ve seen a little buck and 4 does just beyond bow range.
Got 6 more days.
Hope I get lucky!

We get til the 1st. Planning on hunting hard starting Monday. Looking for another doe at least, but I do still have one buck tag...

Flintlock season starts in the morning and goes until January 18th. This has always been my favorite season to hunt in PA.

We have until the 18th for Archery. With duck season in, it's hard to dedicate time to deer lol
I hope to put a couple more days in the stand/blind.
I shot a buck in November w/ the rifle and stocked up on beef at the beginning of the pandemic, so I don't NEED meat.... but it sure wouldn't hurt.
Plus I'd like to harvest my first archery animal

Heading out tomorrow to hopefully fill the freezer. In Maryland we have blackpowder thru the 30th and a two day rifle season the first weekend in January.

Got til the middle of January I might par take this year as I havent notched a tag or hunted much in illinois the last couple years. Lack of any out of town big game hunts this year leaves me with only geese and my step sons whitetail for stock to make jerky and sausage.

We are open for any sex until 1/10. There is a antlerless CWD for a couple weeks after that, but it’s time to start ice fishing!

Here in NJ we are still in the thick of deer seasons. Many zones with muzzleloader and archery until mid-February and even another shotgun segment from January 4th through early February. I love the late season here.

Late Iowa muzzleloader here until Jan 10th. Have an antlerless tag and wife has an any sex yet but we fared pretty well during reg gun season compared to lots of folks around. May just let them be for the rest of season.

Back