Any ideas?

Nathan

Out cutting wood today I came across this. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 5A8C4722-601C-4334-A3D3-30143C03F430.jpeg
    5A8C4722-601C-4334-A3D3-30143C03F430.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 209
Cottontail urine can range in color a lot depending on what veg they’re eating. Another possibility.

Cottontail urine can range in color a lot depending on what veg they’re eating. Another possibility.

I didn’t know that. Interesting.

This would be equivalent to maybe a half gallon jug being dumped out. I don’t think it’s urine at all or at the very least maybe some urine mixed in.

Doubt it's urine because it's not melted much. I'd think a miscarriage would be brighter red even after a few days.

Could it have dropped from a branch from above? Like something dissolved in melting water and fell there.

Doubt it's urine because it's not melted much. I'd think a miscarriage would be brighter red even after a few days.

Could it have dropped from a branch from above? Like something dissolved in melting water and fell there.

Yes very possible. I automatically assumed it was from a deer just based on the fact it’s with deer sign but very easily could be unrelated.

I have seen that a lot over the years. I often wonder if it is normal or the result of an infection or disease. Regardless, I have seen it quite often in the past 45 years of hunting.

If they are anything like horses. The critter isn't drinking enough water and their urine will get a bloody look to it.
Had a horse years ago doing that. Vet told me to feed him extra salt to make him drink water instead of eating snow.
It helped my horse after that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back