Caribou Gear

Any chance of watching some Randy on Rumble?

As someone wanting to move toward some new alternative platforms, I just wanted to express my interest in seeing some of my favorite content on Rumble.
Agree Randy's the only reason I watch YouTube. Cancelled my amazon prime subscription and probably going to stop youtube guess it's just podcasts for me.

Agree Randy's the only reason I watch YouTube. Cancelled my amazon prime subscription and probably going to stop youtube guess it's just podcasts for me.
Haven’t watched YouTube in 3-4 weeks. I’m happy to do business with those who say things that I disagree with, and those who make political donations to those I disagree with. On the other hand, when a company goes beyond speech and political support or donation and goes to censorship, de-platforming, and/or removal of products from shelves, based on political beliefs, it’s time to make an effort to find an alternative.

I will not willingly fund my own demise.

If he’d put one episode on Rumble I’d watch it over and over till he put a second one on. I haven’t used YouTube since mid January, and I currently don’t plan to go back. I do miss watching Corey and Randy though.

We have looked at a lot of platforms. We are currently doing that for 2021.

It really comes down to the cost-benefit of doing so, what license restrictions they place on us, what exclusivity they want, and whether or not it helps us "de-risk" from the fickle nature of the bigger distribution platforms like YouTube and Amazon.

It would not surprise me if tomorrow morning I woke up and Amazon declared they are tossing all content that includes a firearm. I need to be thinking about that possibility and how I hedge against that risk.

YouTube already demonitizes any content that has the term "hunting," "rifle," "kill," or many of the other terms we use to describe the video content. Fine. We are not on YouTube for some big money. It doesn't pay enough to cover 20% of our payroll. But, it is a huge distribution platform, of which 60% of our views come from search or YouTube suggestion. So, will be part of our distribution strategy until the platforms tosses us or we find a better cost-benefit to reaching millions of people.

Rumble's weakness is that revenue and payment depends on how much ownership rights the content creator is willing to give up. I've never given up a single ownership right in any of our content. That is a path to destruction when you are a content creator. It might change and we might end up there.

I love hearing that you’re looking into alternatives!

I love knowing that there are some potential road blocks to Rumble other than simply not making the effort to put something on there!

I have no problem with anyone putting content on YouTube or Amazon...I just don’t want to watch it there. I’ll watch you again when you show up elsewhere.

Is there a way for me to watch you elsewhere?

From a user perspective I really hate watching shows on Youtube, the interface seems designed for "scrolling" through tons of random content and not working your way through a playlist. I find it kinda of a PITA to pull up Youtube on Roku and just watch Season 3 of FT.

Amazon, also has it's issues, the platform is kinda janky on Roku for instance private listening doesn't work, but it's better.

I think the best platform is Netflix from a usability perspective.

Vimeo's player has gotten better but their paywall is a disaster, as I've said on other threads, I consider myself pretty tech savy and I really struggled figuring out how to watch Rinella's "Stars in the Sky".

I will certainly be following along whatever platform works best for you, but I do like the fact that I can forward youtube links to friends and family. In many ways you are the only one talking about public land issues, and I'm deeply grateful for the ability to send folks your videos and say, "here Randy explains the problem and why it's important".

From a user perspective I really hate watching shows on Youtube, the interface seems designed for "scrolling" through tons of random content and not working your way through a playlist. I find it kinda of a PITA to pull up Youtube on Roku and just watch Season 3 of FT.

Amazon, also has it's issues, the platform is kinda janky on Roku for instance private listening doesn't work, but it's better.

I think the best platform is Netflix from a usability perspective.

Vimeo's player has gotten better but their paywall is a disaster, as I've said on other threads, I consider myself pretty tech savy and I really struggled figuring out how to watch Rinella's "Stars in the Sky".

I will certainly be following along whatever platform works best for you, but I do like the fact that I can forward youtube links to friends and family. In many ways you are the only one talking about public land issues, and I'm deeply grateful for the ability to send folks your videos and say, "here Randy explains the problem and why it's important".

I forgot how difficult YouTube was to use on a Roku. We were given a few smart TVs, and it is a little more user friendly.

I forgot how difficult YouTube was to use on a Roku. We were given a few smart TVs, and it is a little more user friendly.
Yeah Roku does not have it dialed, it's definitely better on other devices.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back