Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

any catfishers here????????????

Yea enjoy catfishing, hate not being able to eat but 2-3 fillets at a time up here without paying for two or three meals just to get a decent portion at dinner, And what is up with no hushpuppies and tartersauce with carrots! Oh well, be visiting home before to long!
drool.gif

I live near one of the best (if not THE best) channel catfishery in the nation. I don't get out too often for them, but they are alot of fun. I have caught them to about 15lbs but some of my friends consistently catch 17-25 lb fish.

I think I need to start catfishing more, alot of those guys "accidentaly" catch alot of MONSTER walleye (10+ lbs).

grouphug.gif
In MT we have some Cats but not Meany
You need to fish the Yellowstone or the Missouri to get any. But to answer your question YES I DO FISH FOR CATS! I'll drive for hours and hours to get them Love it love it Love it! There one of the hardest fighting fish that I con get in Mt. Next to the Ling of
drool.gif
course!
drool.gif

I fish for cats just about every weekend. I have 5 or 6 good holes within about 2 miles of the house. Had one on Saturday for several minutes before it broke off. I'm guessing it went about 10#. I can consistantly boat 8-10 fish in the 7-10 lb range in just 3-4 hours.
Any one in the Idaho Treasure Valley up for a trip, I'm ready. "Have Boat, Will Fish".

steves_catfish.jpg

How's a 71 pounder? The other caught this day was 51 pounds.

Steven L. Terry and Company Missouri! :D

:D ;) :cool: Mr. Forman now that's a Cat!!!!!!!!!! lookin likin tha ones we pull outta Santtee Cooper over in S.C. heheheheheheheheheeeee

:D gotta a good receipe fer catfish stew :D
1st ya gotta catch ya a bigun hheheeheheheheee then clean him and cut him up inta steaks or chunks , put him ina big pot, ya need at least a 9 pounder or more.......hehehehheheheeee....... boil em down so can pick tha meat ofin tha bone , put tha meat in tha pot,dice ya up 2 er 3 pounds of taters.........hehehehehehhehe.....
I did say a big pot!!!!!!!!! then dice up 2 onions, 5 er 6 celery sticks, add garlic accordin ta taste, then season with salt and pepper accordin ta taste add 7 er 8 gooooooooooddddddd shots of hot sauce......... did I mention git a big pot :confused: ????????????????????hehehehehheheheheehehehehe stir tha ingredinents then add milk till pot is full............bring ta boil then turn tha heat down till tha concauction is cooked down ta a good mush..........hehehehehehhehehehehe......... git ya box of crackers, a bottle of hot sauce , and ice cold six pack of yer favorite beverage, ..........hehehhehehhe...... mine's beer, then pig out and enjoy ................... :D
drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif

Back