Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

antler growth finish ?

wheels

just curious average time growth is done? i have a bull tag and thinking about when i should start looking around for potential candidates for season thanks

Second week of august, but they are plenty big enough now to know what ur getting into come September 1st. Happy scouting!
This ^^^ is true for when they begin to rub their velvet off, but most big bulls will show all their growth in the next week or so. Then begins the hardening process until they clean in the middle of August.

I have no idea where you’re hunting and I also recognize it’s a totally different species, but the mulies I have seen this spring around my area have had amazing antler growth this year. I think the wet spring across the west has created some really strong forage and my layman’s guess is that antler growth is going to be strong across the board.

Who knows what the moisture will mean for hunting come fall, could be tougher hunting with more water readily available to spread animals out, but I’m guessing there are going to be some monster antlers posted on this and the mulie board come fall.

I would assume they will be pretty close to maxed out in the next week or two. You'll be fine starting your scouting now.

Back