Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Antelope Scouting, etc.

fishing4sanity

We're just starting harvest season here on the farm, the grass seed is always first and a little behind this year, I've been needing to go over to eastern Idaho and it looked like this past week was the best time to go. I decided to take the long route, so my wife and I went to Laurel, MT and then headed to Cody, WY via the Beartooth Loop. I had never been in that area and was very impressed with the scenery and saw a mountain goat (in need of shedding a little more winter coat) and a bear that I thought was a very cool color phase.
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
The main reason for the long loop into Wyoming was some antelope scouting for the tags my two oldest sons drew (me, I'm still waiting to draw my first antelope tag ……. oh well, someday). So we headed into a little more antelope looking terrain and found this antelope family as well as one with cutters that flared to the outside. I'm sure not the biggest bucks in the state, but ones I know my sons would be very happy with (and me if I ever draw a tag:mad: ……. am I complaining again?).
06.jpg
07.jpg
AntelopeFamily.jpg
Antelope.jpg

As we kept looking around we found a few more bucks of several species. Seeing all these animals has me really looking forward to this fall!
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
Then it was off to Idaho and the supposed reason for the trip (it was really just a scouting trip). On the way we saw some cool mountains that I'm sure no one has ever photographed:rolleyes:. Then headed home and we were treated to another beautiful sunset out between Fairfield & Mountain Home, Idaho.
Teton Pano3.jpg
Teton Pano4.jpg
18.jpg
Now I gotta find the energy to go back to work in this terrible heat ……. and service my Tahoe, we really racked up the miles. Hurry up hunting season!

Great Photos, Thanks for sharing those. Some would make great backgrounds for pc's or banners.

Here is a flared one I saw a few years ago. Looks close you yours.

p1030681__large.jpg

Great photo, that antelope would sure look good wearing one of my sons' tags.. I'm really looking forward to this fall, and I'm not even the one with a tag. Come on October!

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back