Antelope "Dream":confused:

genesis273

I have always wanted to hunt Pronghorn for as long as I can remember. I live in North Carolina and I know nothing about hunting them except what I have seen on TV. As a matter of fact, I have never hunted anywhere on the west side of the mighty Mississippi. I have hunted whitetail for 25 years and love it but I have to try something different. My dream is to hunt on my own (no guide) but I need pointers, areas best for an average good buck with relatively good odds.
Any help to point me in the right direction, state, area would be greatly appreciated. Or if anyone would want me to shoot one of those pesky critters for them let me know ;).

New to the site and I think I`m going to like it!

Something was posted just a while back about the subject.Just do a search in the forum and that should get you started.

Something was posted just a while back about the subject.Just do a search in the forum and that should get you started.

Oak posted it. He would be in the top ranks of antelope hunters, on this site, or any site. If you search and find it, it is worth the read.

You will love hunting them. Still have two pronghorn tags in my pocket for this year, and I am smiling, thinking about how much fun that will be.

Good luck in your search. Hint - Wyoming is the kind of place that is impossible to have a bad antelope hunt. And, tags are very easy to acquire, if you are not hung up on the idea of hunting only the best units.

I will search and thanks for the "Hint", and no, I am not hung up on hunting the best areas. Just want to try for a good buck doesn`t have to be great, will take one though. Also love to see/hunt the land out west. Been to Dallas and Vegas on business but have been no where else, like I said, west of the Mississippi.

I think it was oak that gave me the information on Pronghorn, the responce is under the link "new to pronghorn" and it has been very helpful so far. Also contact the Wyoming department of conservation and they will send you additional information.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back