MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Another reason to hate ticks!

I had no idea MT had ticks like that. We spend time in WY every summer and I , again in the fall and have never seen a tick there.

Humid weather seems to bring em out more.

Sometimes we find em on these little guys.

8ymUNo7.jpg

OMG Cute!!

I'm paranoid about ticks. Use permethrin probably too much and will get cancer but still worth it to help keep ticks off. Also picardin lotion for skin. Slight smell but hunting scent free is a myth anyway.

OMG Cute!!

In the past we've kept em in the house a couple times and they managed to live more than 4 years each time. One time it was 2 bunnies, the second time 1. They ate pretty good, but actually never got any bigger than they would have if they were outside. Some domestic ones continue to pack on the pounds as long as they keep on eating.

idb5cXT.jpg

This little female would sit on my chest for hours if I'd let her.

zgmuoIf.jpg

When my brother and I were much younger and dumber we used to pack out our deer whole on our shoulders after field dressing. We would switch off till we got the deer to the truck. I'm surprised that over the years we only got a few ticks on us. Once the deer started cooling off the ticks would gravitate to the deer noses by the dozens.
We were quite lucky.

You ain't been hunting the mountains in the West much if you've never had a tick on you. mtmuley

I've only ever seen ONE tick in Colorado, and I picked it up at a lake in the Denver area. Never seen one in the mountains anywhere or on any animal I've field dressed...

In my experience, there are either none or a ton. I’ve had dozens on me at once before, but despite regular hikes in the mountains with my dogs, only one has had a single tick. My elk last year had ticks packed in his ear canal like sardines. My mule deer in 2017 was infested with ticks.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back