Another NZ video

NZ has always been an area of great intrigue to me, stunning scenery and animals. I've never made it there yet, but hope to someday. Thanks for sharing.

NZ has always been an area of great intrigue to me, stunning scenery and animals. I've never made it there yet, but hope to someday. Thanks for sharing.
If you do make it down here, happy to help. We have some good trout fishing too.

If I ever get out there, I'm definitely paying for the helicopter ride to the top.Getting a little old for those mountains from the looks of it.What month is the roar?Do they have separate rifle and archery seasons?

The red deer roar is very late March to about mid April. There are no seasons or tags for any game animal. To hunt public land all you need is a free access permit.

I got 4th period Upper Dingle block 30 in the Wanaka Ballot You have any luck in the Haast Wanaka or Wap ballots Kiwi? Mixedbag, some of the more popular spots are under a lottery during The Roar but there is still way more openly available public land than there are balloted blocks during during that period.

Last edited:
Micko, missed out on the Fiordland ballot this year but got upper turnbull 2nd period. Upper dingle looks good. Btw I'm cb14 on the other NZ forum.

Oh yep I've seen you around! I'm Micko on fish'n'hunt, naturally. I like hunting the Ahuriri so I'm hoping Upper Dingle is similar. Mate and I had the Juno last year for the bugle but only saw young reds so we didn't bother shooting any. No luck this year but I wouldn't have been able to afford the heli anyways!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back