Caribou Gear

Another mouth to feed . . .

How’s the older dog doing with her? Is the older dog male or female? Just asking I have a 2.5yr old yellow lab and am thinking of getting another puppy but not sure how my lab would do, he doesn’t like other dogs around the house but think it’d be different if it was a puppy?

How’s the older dog doing with her? Is the older dog male or female? Just asking I have a 2.5yr old yellow lab and am thinking of getting another puppy but not sure how my lab would do, he doesn’t like other dogs around the house but think it’d be different if it was a puppy?
We are only 1 day in so time will tell. Our older dog is A female and is gentle around other dogs but doesn’t like to play with other dogs. This is playing out with puppy so far - she just leaves the area when the puppy tries to play with her. No snapping or growling, just withdrawal. My guess is this we really won’t know until the puppy is a few months older. For now we are giving the older dog plenty of space and extra attention. I am sure they will work something out.

Good luck with the training!!
I will do a fair amount, but will have a pro do the gun break - once every 7 years does not make a pro at this critical step. I know I probably could, but not worth the risk of messing up a good pup and I have a guy who has done for me in the past.

Back