Another MN New Guy

Walkathon

Hi Everyone,

I live in MN and hunt in MN, NE, WY, and MT. I post on another site as PlainsHunter. I hunt Antelope, WT, Mule Deer, Pheasants, Ruffed Grouse and I fish for whatever is in the water I'm near.

Hope to be able to contribute to the forum. Big fan of Randy's shows and his philosophy in general.

Another MN hunter, WOW, this is about 10 in the last 3-4 months....welcome.

Welcome! Judging from all the new Hunt Talk members form Minnesota is it a safe assumption that everyone from the land of lakes hunts?

Welcome! Judging from all the new Hunt Talk members form Minnesota is it a safe assumption that everyone from the land of lakes hunts?[/QUOTE

Yes- lots of hunters and a pretty good amount of public land to hunt ruffed grouse on. I've only lived here for 12 years but I'm catching on to hunting big woods deer and still trying to figure out the ruffed grouse hunting...

Last edited:
Welcome! Judging from all the new Hunt Talk members form Minnesota is it a safe assumption that everyone from the land of lakes hunts?

Yes- lots of hunters and a pretty good amount of public land to hunt ruffed grouse on. I've only lived here for 12 years but I'm catching on to hunting big woods deer and still trying to figure out the ruffed grouse hunting...I can usually get one or maybe 2 if I hunt for a few hours. Fun stuff.

Hey, welcome to the site! Where in MN are you? By the way I always did my best with grouse hunting swamp edges. Late season was always my favorite time to chase them.

Back