MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Another "HEALTHY' reminder.......

michsteelguy

I know posts like these pop up now and again, and I really dont mean to sound like a broken record, with another one about health. People may/may not read this and move on to the next thread......i know.... i've done it myself. Well, I just wanted to remind you guys, once again, to take care of yourself! About 3 months ago, I was walking up the driveway and had a stroke....... @ age 45!
I disregarded the symptoms and went back outside to continue my yardwork, as I thought it wasn't THAT serious. Boy, was I wrong!!!!! My stubborness (as a guy) finally led me to the hospital 5 hours later, but unfortunately, I waited too long and the clot busting drug could not be administered. ******You only have 4 hour window to get to the hospital from the time your initial symptoms begin was what i was told.
Well, l'm EXTREMELY lucky, because after 4 days in the hospital, I left with only a couple of VERY MINOR side effects. Nothing I cant overcome, as I'm probably 95% back to normal. I didnt have a stroke from not taking care of myself (although I need to do better)..... it can randomly happen to anyone. Somtimes things just happen.

Because this came outta nowhere, I wanted to post this, as a reminder, for everyone to take your health VERY serious! Go to your doctor, get your check-ups regularly and dont overlook anything, even if your young and healthy, because you just never know. Your life can change in an instant and you can lose the ability to do things we all love the most. I know others have it 100x worse than me and I'm not the person most affected to start giving advice, but if anything good came outta this, it was that I was reminded, not to take things for granted. I want to remind you all as well to live out those dreams, and do all that you can..... while you still can. Lucky for me, I get to spend this November in Montana hunting mulies (I'm from Michigan) with a little more appreciation.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back