Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Another Golden Pond question

LOL you saying that just reminded me of a lake in washington state....

Silver lake in washington was one fo the trophy trout lakes for big fat rainbows upwards of 15lbs and some bigger...I always wanted to fish this lake once or twice, and I did... everyone told me that the place was like a parking lot at the mall.. I kinda laughed it off.. one day a buddy of mine and I decided to give it a try on opening day(april 15th I think) we got there and there was absolutly no parking.. Not to mention there was absolutly no water to be seen.. we got there 3 hours befor the sun went up and we waited in line to launch a hand carried row boat 5 more hours...
We didnt need the motor or the oars we just pushed ourselves to the far end of the lake via other boats.. you had no room to cast you basically just dropped your line straight down...
when someone left the lake 2 people filled the spot. we talked to guys that got to the lake 24 hours before opening day and still had to wait in line to put there boat in the water....

It was a blast caught lots of fish.. took lots home as well, but i would have never believed it if I didnt see it first hand....

Delw

Sure you can bring your boat. It will be a nice touch parked next to the irrigation pipes! hehe...Only if it's one of them house boats...stocked with food and beverages...would be great for our little 3 acre 25 foot pond! :D

Actually, there are a couple row boats there, bring oars thou, or a trolling motor!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PotomacRiver
Back