Caribou Gear Tarp

Another FUN filled Day...

FLIPPER

Yesterday Martin,[meathead]and I went to our deer lease to bushhog some more of the food plots and make trails in the thickets.

This was our second trip for the year. We talked about "HOW" lucky we were the last trip, not getting into any Hornet nests or Yellow Jackets
rolleyes.gif

Anyways, I was running the tractor/bushhog making a new trail. Just when things were going so well...I felt a sting in the back of my head, then another,another,another,another,another, then on my back, then my neck and then my arms
eek.gif

I stood up and jumped from the tractor leaving it running, in gear and PTO still engaged. I ran a couple of steps away but went back and pulled the kill switch on the tractor. I sure didn't want a bad day getting worse by wrecking the tractor.

I proceeded to run very fast while swatting/mashing these little devils, when I got to where Martin could see me...he too proceeded to run
biggrin.gif
that has only been seen by me 1 other time...[Martin running]
biggrin.gif

After a few minutes, Martin went in to get the tractor...while I waited of course. I started to swell and not feel very well.

So off to the Hospital we go. I get an IV stuck in my arm, 3 shots and 3 kinds of pills to swallow
frown.gif
We have no idea how many times I was stung, since I also broke out in hives all over my upper body, but it was NUMEROUS times.

A couple of hours later I was released and we went back to the lease and finished bushhogging and are on our way this morning to do some more.

But you know what Nut...no matter what I might have needed...Martin would have done it for me
redface.gif
shhh.gif

He is one of those rare finds...a true friend
wink.gif

Watch that PTO flipper!
I have a friend who neartl bled to death after the pto got his leg

Man, those yellowjackets will kick your butt on a tractor. Lucky for me they are attracted to my bro in law
wink.gif

What are you guys gonna plant?

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 07-20-2003 07:23: Message edited by: JB Florida ]</font>

Flipper, I guess we all know who to invite if we are hunting somewhere where we may get attacked by hornets....

Is being a hornet magnet anything like being a chick magnet?? I'm not either one so I have no idea....

cool.gif

JB don't know yet what we are planting, wheat, clover, millet or some sort of mix?

HAHAHA Dan....it is identical
biggrin.gif
both will sting you if you piss them off
tongue.gif

Old Flipper can run pretty damn fast when you put about a thousand Yellowjackets after him.

Just glad he was O.K.

I wasn't going to say anything about it, But it was pretty funny after it was all over.

I have a visual of a lady in a Burger King uniform standing behind a tree and then smacking a tractor with a jar full of bees as it passes.
biggrin.gif

Hey mtmiller and Elkhunter...
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

I remember Dad running over a yellowjacket nest with a tractor once. He got out of them, then went up to the house to smoke a cigarette (to give them time to calm down). After they'd had a few minutes he calmly picked up the gas gan, walked down to the nest, and poured gas all over it. This pissed them off and they started flying back up again...at which point he dropped a lit match on the gas.
eek.gif
They flew out of the nest at full speed and caught fire as they exited, looking like little bottle rockets. Dad sat and watched, and at one point he said "Sting me now, you sons of bitches!" Dad was a vindictive old cuss.
biggrin.gif

Flipper, you need to ask your doctor for an Epi-pen (no, not Epilady
tongue.gif
). It's some sort of first-aid injection thing for people with bad allergies. As many times as you go to the hospital for this stuff you'd think they'd just hand you one on the way out the door.
fight.gif

LMAO Brian...
I have been in the thick of things a few times killing trees and walking in the brush to butcher them up.
One of the worst times is when I was in a bucket truck trimming slipped inbetween the primary and the secondary lines and hit a nest with the trimming tool that we use, I had to use utmost control, swinging the boom inbetween the lines as these little devils were stinging the shite out of me...
I hit the ground and had quite a few stings all over me....
That was a fun and memorable event...LOL...
Glad your alright Brian...
biggrin.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back