Another Food question.

Moosie

Grand poopa
I like to hike in Idaho with Hard candies, Like those Chocolate ones (Werthers ?!?! (SP?) ).

Does anyone else do this for Moisture ? If so, what kind do ya bring ? And what kind of trail mix / Snack mix too ?

I prefer Cough-N-Gaggin!!!
wink.gif
I kinda like gum better, gives one something to do and for me lasts longer than the candy. If I go with candy it is Jolley Ranchers. They last longer because the are semi-permanently stuck to your teeth!

If it is moisture you are looking for, you can suck on a small rock and it will last all day...Don't chew on them though, they are hard on your teeth....
wink.gif

I do like to take Mary Janes for a little added sweetness that will hold up in ones pack for quite awhile..
smile.gif

I remember one time, out in the fields behind our house, before development paved over everything in so cal, when I was saddled with my little brother. He was whining about being thirsty and wanting to go home, so I told him the ol' Davy Crockett "suck on a rock" thing. Then I picked up a dirt clod and gave it to him. He ran home wailing with mud running down his chin. Yeah, I got beat for that one, too.

Apparently there are several kinds of Mary Jane.
biggrin.gif
The one I am thinking of just means you have to pack more food.
eek.gif

LOL MT...
No, these are semi hard chewy candies that have a molasas flavor and a peanut butter center...
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Thanx for the Tips guys.. I'll stick with the Marry Jane that doesn't require the "Munchies"
wink.gif

Looking into loading up in the next couple weeks. Still working on the Weight thing... But Looks like I got alot to work with. Time to start adding some Good stuff besides the Dehydrated food
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Candy/gum it doesn't matter. Something to do when your not doing anything.

As far as the trail mix goes, try this GORP recipe my wife makes for me.

Rice Chex
Peanut Butter Chips
Plain Peanuts
Raisens
M&M's
(When at home she will throw those lil marshmellows in there, but if you keep the GORP for any lengthy amount of time, the texture of them turns chitty.)

Back