Another fallow youngster for the freezer.

243varmint

So we went out with the intention of getting a nice palmated fallow buck before they cast for the year..
Got to our permission. Met my hunting buddy and a plan was hatched.
I would take one section and my mate would head to a high seat/tree stand over looking a wild bird seed planting.
So myself and my son headed along the middle hedge line.
Got over to a crest in the field.
Dam... A grouo of 30-40 fallow out in the middle of the replanted bean field
IMG_20210409_184446.jpg
Change of plan to get around them...
We headed right to hide us from them but they made there way left and over the crest towards the wood and another wild bird seed planting.
So we double back to do a big circle around them, the wind wasn't quite right and we thought they would wind us at any point.
Got to a good prone shooting position.
The group consisted of mature does, yearlings(bucks and does) three 3-4 year old bucks and one master buck.
The master buck didn't quite fit to what I had in my head as to what I wanted so left him for another year.
Decided to take a young pricket/yearling for the freezer. Bbq season nearly here so burgers are in order.
IMG_20210409_192543.jpg

Took the youngster and the rest made there way back into the bean field. Tried to get on them but they headed towards my mate so left them to see if he could take one.
IMG_20210409_193755.jpg
So I got the phone out and videoed them just below his tree stand. They didn't hang about. 😒
So we collected the one we shot and headed home.
60lb larder weight. He will be good eating.
IMG_20210409_195430.jpg

Cheers
Jon

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back