Caribou Gear Tarp

Another CO (and MN) guy

cedahm

Hi all, have lurked a bit an put a few posts in before I saw this sub-forum.

I've been in Colorado for 20 years now, moved here in 1996 for work and minus a brief stint in 1999, have been in the area ever since. Grew up in Minnesota chasing walleyes, grouse and deer, and went to school @ UW in Madison where I worked in a local outdoor shop and really got exposed to all kinds of hunting and fishing.

Started Elk hunting in the early 2000's and was instantly hooked. Since then, generally have hunted OTC elk and deer in CO and in Western WY where a branch of my childhood friend's family are from. Just recently started applying all over the west.

I found the forum through Randy's podcast - as a Minnesota boy, it was so easily relatable. I also have a bordering-on-insanity obsession with blue (dusky) grouse (OK - with any grouse), so the segment from the Elk101 episode of not even stopping the pickup to hop out and get after a covey at a trailhead was like it was being read from my own personal diary. Heck, I had my truck roll past me in idle on a dirt road last summer after I hopped out just to take video of some grouse.

Glad to be here and thanks for letting me pull up a chair.

Welcome, der, eh! Yah, you betcha, boy, we were smokin' dem der partridges like dey vas chickens on da old Toomey grade der. Uffda, dat was some fun, right der.

Welcome!! Aside from Randy sounding like the Swedish Chef right there, it's a pretty good place to be and hang out :D I'm also an Eastern transplant.

Welcome, der, eh! Yah, you betcha, boy, we were smokin' dem der partridges like dey vas chickens on da old Toomey grade der. Uffda, dat was some fun, right der.

Sounds like a cross between the Swedish Chef from the Muppets and Fargo

Sounds like a cross between the Swedish Chef from the Muppets and Fargo

Sounds like my entire extended family, actually :) ...pretty sure I heard that 'partridge' sentence nearly verbatim back @ MN deer camp this year. When my wife first met my family (not long after Fargo came out), she wondered "People really talk like this? Thought it was just for the movie?"

a04Cyrn-204x300.jpg

Welcome Aboard!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back