Another batch of sausage/experimenting.

HuntTalk Freak

Made up 5lbs of Chipotle Bourbon which I make regularly but added pepper jack cheese this time.
Then I made up 5lbs of Jalapeño Popper with pepper jack. When trying a new recipe I fry up a small patty and man this new stuff is good but pretty spicy! So I stuff some and kept some separate just to make sausage rolls or breakfast patties with. I think next time some cheddar would cook the heat down.
I was in a bit of a hurry trying to stuff while my sick kiddo was laying down for a nap and I didn’t let the casings soak long enough. Got a fair amount of air pockets. She was fine yesterday and helped me grind all this up. Such is life. IMG_5397.jpegIMG_5399.jpeg

Made up 5lbs of Chipotle Bourbon which I make regularly but added pepper jack cheese this time.
Then I made up 5lbs of Jalapeño Popper with pepper jack. When trying a new recipe I fry up a small patty and man this new stuff is good but pretty spicy! So I stuff some and kept some separate just to make sausage rolls or breakfast patties with. I think next time some cheddar would cook the heat down.
I was in a bit of a hurry trying to stuff while my sick kiddo was laying down for a nap and I didn’t let the casings soak long enough. Got a fair amount of air pockets. She was fine yesterday and helped me grind all this up. Such is life. View attachment 314818View attachment 314819
A Texan saying "pretty spicy" is scary. My daughter loves to help with the grinding as well. Looks great!

I was in a bit of a hurry trying to stuff while my sick kiddo was laying down for a nap and I didn’t let the casings soak long enough. Got a fair amount of air pockets. She was fine yesterday and helped me grind all this up. Such is life. View attachment 314818View attachment 314819
I have always thought that you make sausage just hot enough that the kids can’t eat it, if the kids like it they will eat it all.

A Texan saying "pretty spicy" is scary. My daughter loves to help with the grinding as well. Looks great!
I don’t know, I’m kind of a sissy when it really comes down to heat, I like a little but over do it sometimes. The chile verde I made a while back even made my Mexican buddy at work give up. Lol

The chipotle bourbon has just a little heat but has sweetness with the bourbon and brown sugar in it.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back