MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Annual Texas hog hunt

Thank you sir, looking forward to it.
We'll be hauling a cooler full of Fischer's and Hess Meats sausage back to Wyoming with our hogs, I hope.
Looks like we'll bring down a little weather but it has to be better than what we've had as of late. Tired of snow and cold!!
We have a good travel window to get out of town before the next storm up here.

Thank you sir, looking forward to it.
We'll be hauling a cooler full of Fischer's and Hess Meats sausage back to Wyoming with our hogs, I hope.
Looks like we'll bring down a little weather but it has to be better than what we've had as of late. Tired of snow and cold!!
We have a good travel window to get out of town before the next storm up here.

Windthorst and Muenster do not ever disappoint for German sausage in this part of Texas...

You Texas boys and your fancy sausage;) I just get my sausage/jerky from Buc-ee's pretty good too. It's 50 degrees and not a cloud in the sky today down here suppose to hit 70 Saturday. FYI the crappie fishing is starting to heat up. Have a safe trip looking forward to following along.

Just got back last night, was able to fit in a day and 1/2 with a good friend on his ranch above San Antonio on a work trip. A little hard this year, pigs were not in their normal areas. I was able to walk up a great eating sow... added a mid size boar out of a trap.
I always enjoy Texas, the hunting is great and the people are even better.

Acorns and pecans still everywhere. The pigs are foraging in the thick cover here.

Good neighbors make for good hunting. Got some more access near by and it payed off. Unfortunately the bigger pigs again did not go by our friends, but he connected on some of the piglets. Spouse was his "guide" today.
This evening we're hitting another neighbor that has multiple acres rooted up pretty bad. Hoping for a great shoot.

DSCN0349 (1200x900).jpgDSCN0350 (1200x900).jpg

We're not roughing it for sure.
Had a miss this morning so all have had chances so far. Heavy rain is limiting our access but pigs are active during the day some now.
I'll have to take some picks of a neighbors field we are hunting, rooted up pretty bad but not too deep, grubs are getting tasty is seems.
Night hunt is planned for Thursday, maybe tonight if rain holds off rest of the day.

Reactions: LCH
Me and some buddies tried our hand at hog hunting last year down the road from Wichita Falls in Quanah. Saw some sign but no pigs in four days... fun trip tho. I sincerely hope your luck continues.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back