Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Annoying Yard Bucks Anyone?

El Dorado County??
Some yes, friends or neighbor’s yards, others Sac county along the American river trail system where they will never be hunted. Theres so many giant blacktails its ridiculous and even where they can get hunted, being killed is extremely rare. Ghosts…. And they know which houses feed them / are friendly.

Some yes, friends or neighbor’s yards, others Sac county along the American river trail system where they will never be hunted. Theres so many giant blacktails its ridiculous and even where they can get hunted, being killed is extremely rare. Ghosts…. And they know which houses feed them / are friendly.
The biggest blacktail I ever saw was along the sac river right outside of Princeton. Orchards all around and the thick jungle to hide in. Those river bucks and park bucks are ridiculous.

I always love seeing big CA deer, it gives me that much more motivation knowing what's out there

The biggest blacktail I ever saw was along the sac river right outside of Princeton. Orchards all around and the thick jungle to hide in. Those river bucks and park bucks are ridiculous.

I always love seeing big CA deer, it gives me that much more motivation knowing what's out there
I hike and drive long distances to see bucks smaller than some of those blacktails. Not all of their genetics are bad, and when allowed to grow old, they can get insanely huge. Saw one last year chasing does in the rut that would easily top the world record. But being east of 5 fwy, they will never get recognized. Actually curious how genetically different they are from coastal blacktails. Body sizes are night and day different, but actual genetics interests me. 7516A026-D2D2-4043-AFB2-C8C37A29F38C.jpeg

Shared that pic in another thread but hes a monster. Earlier pics of him were last year. Just a freak and lives in a garden paradise lol.

I hike and drive long distances to see bucks smaller than some of those blacktails. Not all of their genetics are bad, and when allowed to grow old, they can get insanely huge. Saw one last year chasing does in the rut that would easily top the world record. But being east of 5 fwy, they will never get recognized. Actually curious how genetically different they are from coastal blacktails. Body sizes are night and day different, but actual genetics interests me. View attachment 244977

Shared that pic in another thread but hes a monster. Earlier pics of him were last year. Just a freak and lives in a garden paradise lol.
Gotta buddy in Paradise, CA that’s constantly sending me pics of insanely big deer like this. I’ve hunted with my dad in CA it’s crazy how they disappear when youve got a tag in pocket.. I posted this one awhile back too..

so sick dude keep these pics coming!

Attachments

• 29A84FE9-7044-45DB-8E07-98850CF980B2.jpeg
    29A84FE9-7044-45DB-8E07-98850CF980B2.jpeg
    890.7 KB · Views: 54
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerezA