MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

ANNEALER???

WYWINCHESTER

Does any one have one of these machines. Looking at buying one and I would like to know how they like it. First hand experience please.
QUCK-ANNEAL.COM

Why? I can buy a crap load of new brass for that cost? I have never annealed, never will, waste of time imo unless you're shooting benchrest

Why? I can buy a crap load of new brass for that cost? I have never annealed, never will, waste of time imo unless you're shooting benchrest
I have the annealeez and it works great. It’s a tool that once you have used you will continue to use. You absolutely will notice the difference. The stroke of the handle when pushing in the bullet is noticeable before and after.

I buy good brass and run it hard. I will loose a primer pocket from stretch before I will have any neck issues.

At some point you might not be able to buy new brass. I'll waist my time when reloading thankyou.

I use this:
Works great but I see their price went up significantly since I purchased

You can make your own induction annealer for a lot less than $1200

We have the machine from Annealing Made Perfect out of New Zealand. It's an induction annealer as well, so I'm guessing fairly similar, but I haven't used the Quick Anneal. My sons shoot far more than I do and would be more qualified to answer your questions, but it is fast and accurate, repeatable. Probably only makes sense to guys who shoot thousands of rounds a year and are buying premium brass. It will increase the life of the brass and should make your extreme spread and standard deviation improve. Is it worth it? That's up to the guy pulling the trigger on his wallet and rifles.

We have the machine from Annealing Made Perfect out of New Zealand. It's an induction annealer as well, so I'm guessing fairly similar, but I haven't used the Quick Anneal. My sons shoot far more than I do and would be more qualified to answer your questions, but it is fast and accurate, repeatable. Probably only makes sense to guys who shoot thousands of rounds a year and are buying premium brass. It will increase the life of the brass and should make your extreme spread and standard deviation improve. Is it worth it? That's up to the guy pulling the trigger on his wallet and rifles.
I also use the AMP, I'd like to see a thread on here with various Aztec codes.
Annealed brass definitely feels different during sizing and seating, I'm a huge fan of annealing.
SD,ES usually drops significantly.

I purchased an Anneal Rite kit (torches). Does a good job for me with my hunting loads. I'm not a high volume or BR guy. Very economical. Should be able to check it out on You Tube

I made my own for a couple hundred bucks. There's really great instructions on Accurate Shooter on how to do it.

I kind of agree with BigJay above, although it's not only a benchrest thing. If you're only doing it for hunting rounds, it probably doesn't make a lot of sense.

But if you're in to games that require higher volume shooting, it can extend the life of your brass and improve shot to shot consistency. Whether that's worth it or not is up to you.

Neil

I have typically annealed every 3-4 firings with the redneck torch and metronome method.

For those that don’t want to invest in a machine, there have been several annealing services available. You ship it in, flat fee per/100 or whatever, they ship them back.

I’m not sure what the state of the market is currently for that service, but it’s a great potential in-between option.

I've only used the AMP Aztec, but it makes a huge difference and I would definitely recommend it if you shoot a lot. If you don't, the brass probably won't pay for it in the short term. My buddy has one and lets me use his, otherwise I'd be doing the poor man's method like SnowyMountaineer

+1 for the Annealeeze. Money we’ll spent just on time and effort alone, my previous method was a deep socket chucked up in a drill and count to 7.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back